Wednesday, August 29, 2012



Hola todos!

Well i´m wrapping up my mission this next week with a few baptisms.
That is the best way to finish, for there is no time to get trunky or to 
slow down. Among the teaching, interviewing, finding fellowshippers,
 and working with the ward mission leader to prepare the baptismal 
service, there is no time to mope around or get frustrated. We are 
racing only against Satan and sin.

Well the real countdown has begun. It has finally become a reality
 for me, here we say "me cayó el veinte" or directly translated "the 
twenty fell on me" which would roughly translate coloquially (?) to
 "it dawned on me". 

In four days I comlete 2 years in the mission. In 8 days I will be 
home. That is a scary thought. I really have no idea of my plans,
 but I know the Lord will prepare the way. THAT´s a strong testimony
 i have gained here.

We had a 2 baptism on Saturday and their confirmations on Sunday.
 It was great. They were 2 children in different part-member families.
 We are also preparing a baptismal service for this Saturday for one,
 possibly 2 personas. They are really amazing too, with all the changes
 they have made in thier lives. One is a woman of about 55 years who
 quit smoking and is doing great. The other is an elderly lady of 82 
years. She doesn´t see or hear very well, so we have to sit right next
 to her and pretty much shout in her ear. But she decided she wants
 to be baptized because she received an answer to her prayers when
 asking about this being the true church.She was somewhat sick and
 asked God to confirm that this is the true church by making her better
 really fast. He answered and did it. I was really impressed...it was
 like a brother of jared story. She decided it was the true church and 
presented a plan for the spiritual confirmation to the Lord. He touched 
her stones and she had the light and knowledge. She will be baptized 
either this Saturday or the next(I wouldn´t be here for the next, but
 that´s OK, it is the Lord´s work).Love you all and look forward to
 seeing you soon!
Elder Bunker